Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Whitley's new place!

So Whitley had to be at the school by Monday morning September 6th for orientation and parent things that were going on that day and to move into her dorm.  She is staying at Helen Lamprecht Hall, which is a cooking dorm and she shares a bedroom with Brooklyn, and then they have another bedroom which Camilla, and Jessica share.  These are pictures of her new dorm.  So Monday we got her all moved in and then on Tuesday we needed to go shopping to buy her things that we couldn't really buy in advance and bring with us.  We already brought 9 suitcases between the 5 of us and the 4 biggest ones were hers.  But we went and bought supplies like paper towel, detergent for her laundry, a bunch of food at sam's like butter, cereal, cookies, milk, etc, and then a trunk type thing, and some decorations, laundry basket, hangers, etc.  Whitley stayed with us in the hotel room while we were there, she wanted to spend as much time with us as she could before we left.  That night in bed we were just all talking in the dark about old times and Dan asked me to say family prayer that night and I couldn't do it because I was bawling so I asked him if he could do it and he couldn't so we just all sat there crying for a little bit.  I will miss her so much.  It's going to extra tough on me to see my oldest baby go and not be in the house anymore. Makes me sad just thinking about it, but I know without a doubt that this is where she is supposed to be.  But,....on with the pictures,



                                                   The spacious living room, or shall we say "great" room,.....
  Her place is small, but it's enough for them, and they seem to like it.  I doubt she will be staying on campus next year though.
                                                                  The dining room,
                                              Looking out the door from her apartment,................